The Northern Arc Action Group (NAAG) is a group campaigning for sensitive rural development.
Our Aims and Objectives
1. To minimise the amount of green fields and trees to be lost to development so that residents of today and future generations can continue to enjoy the countryside and villages.
2. To retain visible green gaps between villages and towns in order to preserve their individual identities and to prevent continuous urban sprawl
3. To achieve a fairer distribution of smaller scale housing developments spread evenly across the borough in order to disperse the infrastructure and environmental impacts of concentrated and intensive development
4. To achieve a balance and better distribution in the overall number of houses necessary to accommodate local requirements against national obligations
5. To ensure local infrastructure is developed to accommodate any additional construction activity
6. To achieve the right mix of housing in the right locations with greater emphasis on affordable housing close to public transport, jobs and amenities.
Chairman, Northern Arc Action Group